Sindh Madressatul Islam is one of the oldest modern Muslim educational institutions in South Asia. It was founded on September 1, 1885 in Karachi, by a group of Sindhi Muslim visionaries led by Khan Bahadur Hassan Ali Effendi, the great grandfather of President of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari.
D.J. Sindh Government Science College was founded in 1887, chiefly through the efforts of a far-sighted, prominent Sindhi philanthropist, Mr. Diwan Dayaram Jethmal whose name it bears. The College was opened on 17th January, 1887 by His Excellency Lord Reay, the Governor of Bombay in a bungalow in Thaitai Compound, situated on Bunder Road. Later on it was shifted to the present building in 1892. The College was by then a full-fledged institution with faculties of Arts, Sciences, Engineering and Law. D.J.Sindh Government Science College began primarily as an Arts college with only 28 students and 5 members on it's staff.
In 1922 with the establishment of separate Engineering College, Engineering classes were dropped from the D.J.College. With the establishment of a Law College in 1925 the Law classes were also dropped. The seperate establishment of Engineering and Law College necessiatated certain changes in the constitution of the Sindh Arts College Committee. These were purely administrative changes. Consequently, a board was formed to look after the affairs of the expanded College.
For the next sixty years D.J. Sindh Goverment Science College catered to the intellectual and academic needs of the people of the Province, being as it was the first and only institution in the area. It prepared students for the graduate and post-graduate courses of the Bombay and Sindh University. It also provided research facilities in various fields of Sciences.
Consequent upon the creation of Pakistan, in the sixty-first year of it's existence, D.J.Singh College was formally handed over to the Sindh Government in June 1984.
he Sindh Government took over all the buildings, assets and other investments from the Sindh Collegiate Board. These buildings were the main D.J. College building, the Annexe, the Law College Building, the Commerce College building the Engineering College building, Hostel and the D.J.College Gymkhana. The D.J. Sindh College was re-christened as D.J. Sindh Government Science College.
D.J. Sindh Government Science College is affiliated to the University of Karachi and the Board of the Intermediate Education Karachi, and prepares students upto B.Sc. Plans are ahead to restore its former glory by re-introducing M.Sc. classes in certain subjects.
Karachi Grammar School commonly known as KGS or Grammar School by students, is an independent, English-medium school in Saddar, Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. It is a highly selective, coeducational day school (formerlyday/boarding school) serving approximately 2,400 students aged between three and nineteen years.
Established in 1847 by the Reverend Henry Brereton, the first chaplain of Karachi, as a school for "English and Anglo-Indo children", it is the oldest private school in Pakistan and the second oldest in South Asia, a member of theWinchester International Symposium and a former member of the Headmaster's Conference.
Since the 1980s, Karachi Grammar School has expanded from a school with a population of a few hundred students to a large institution that now occupies three sites and teaches more than two thousand students.
DUET commits itself to the path of excellence connected with learning and the advancement and dissemination of knowledge to all who wish to strive in this direction, without regard for race, class or origin, caste, creed or faith and guarantees to provide equal opportunities without fear or favour, and endeavours to protect the liberties in an open academic environment, providing quality education, which is our prime motive.